CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Camps

Heh, I found out that facilitating camps are fun!

You get free lodgings, free food, free trips, free transport. Plus, you meet cool new people, get to lose weight and earn money! What's not to like?

Since the library camp, I've helped out with a 2 day 1 night campfire at a wawasan school and a girl scouts Dusun Eco Resort 2 day 1 night camp for Sungei Way primary school.

The wawasan school was fun and I'm still wondering whether I was really that childish when I was their age.

I came to the conclusion that I was way more mature.

I also came to the conclusion that I'm in denial.

It was more interesting in the sense that there were 200 people and there were boys. More drama, as Joanne said.

But some of them were... gross. See, the guys were made to bath outsaide while the girls used to girls and boys toilets to bath. So obviously, they didn't strip completely.

Their pants and undies got wet as they bath and one boy was nice enough to walk past where Jo and I were sitting outside the girls' toilet, swinging his WET UNDERWEAR like it was his crowning glory.

Thank goodness none of the droplets landed on us.

Overall it was fun, though they can be total monkeys (says Jo) at times and not listen to our instructions at all.

Then the Dusun Eco Resort was fun too though I broke nearly all my nails helping build the rakit. The girls were mostly sporting and way more attentive than guys.

These were the faci, minus Kai Ying who was taking the pic for us. From left to right, top to bottom: Jo, me, Lai Hwa, Hong Onn and pretty Evon.

I had problems communicating with Evon at first because she spoke Cantonese (and my cantonese is like X.X) but later I found out her english was ok too. Everyone there was so friendly!


That's the girls and teachers at the camp. Can you spot Mr. Lim, a.k.a. our boss?

They were pretty brave compared to the time I went for the same camp in form 2. They got to try more stuff like the obstacle course that we secondary school students didn't even get to try!

And I taught first-aid in Chinese! Big accomplishment for me and my cacated chinese. Jo helped me out, translating some words for me. Thanks!

My parents are anti-camp at the moment, stating that it's my SPM year and no more camps for a while. Hopefully, I'll get to attend and faci the August campfire thingy in Sungei Way though.

Doing add maths,

~*JJ*~

0 commentz: