CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Road Not Taken?

Two roads diverge in the yellow wood of my life.

Which do I choose?

On the one hand, if (and it's a really big IF as the entry requirement is very high) I do get the matriculation for vet science, I'll get to do what I've been wanting to do for ages.

The cons are that I'll have to up and go from KDU which I feel like I've settled in so well with my friends and teachers. I've got books, my student card and lab lockers already.

Also, I'll be studying for about 5-6 years in a local U. I would really like to try to get out of this country and live independently for a while.

And even IF I do get in, I'll have to maintain my grades. Once there are signs of deterioration, you're out. If that happened, I'd be lost and it'd be a waste of a year.

But if I don't go, then I'll be stuck doing something I'm only half-hearted in achieving. I'll be giving up this really great opportunity.

I think in the end, I know which path I will choose: to do mat in vet science.

But at the same time, I feel as if I'll be giving up something huge to me, not academic-wise but for myself.

But as Jon said, I can always settle down again.

The only way I'll turn this opportunity down is if:

- Physics and not Bio is a cumpulsory subject. I cannot cope with that subject and I'm not being self-depreciating but being realistic.

- It's in BM. My BM is horrible, I'll never be able to handle it and get the grades needed. But checked already, it's in English.

- I don't get chosen. Not much of an option, is it? -.-

I'll be upset to get chosen, because I know what I will have to do. Yet, if I'm not, I'll be far more devastated. Weighting my priorities at the moment.

I mean, see how much fun I have in Bio classes?

Mr Jefri was sick so he couldn't do an experiment with us and let us do this instead. It was still pretty fun.

The atoms and bonds become...

A pentose sugar or a frustose...

Or a galactose molecule...

Which paired with a alpha-glucose, becomes a lactose molecule
(see the green oxygen bond?)

Water molecules!

Sam's alpha-maltose and my lactose = oligosaccharide
(chunted word right?!)

Lee Wei, YY, Sam's and my molecules all become some unknown
polysaccharide! (since got 8 molecules liao)

Cellulose molecule (made up of beta-glucose)


See how much Bio rocks over Phy? Hehe... *runs*

Decision-making: not my strong point.

Pathways,

~*JJ*~

P.S. : Added new pics in CNY piccies!

1 commentz:

Shin Ying Tan said...

ah, not my strong point other. But be adamant in searching for the answers, don't give-up like i have.