CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

First Attempt At Sushi

Of a budding chef.

That was also the first day of my fasting.

Sushi rice on fingers + CAN'T TOUCH FOOD = omgwannadai

Well, all in all it was interesting. And I did learn new cooking tips because he is a great chef though this first attempt was kinda phail.

Oh, warning. The post will be peppered with his awesomely cute shih tzu puppy that accompanied us, Twinkle. :D

Is her.

So anyways, after shopping for the stuff (in which I had to walk through aisle upon aisle of yummies tqvm), we headed back to Chew's place to make Teh Sushi.

He basically did all the work. I was just snapping pictures and staring in awe at his not-so-newfound culinary skills.

We couldn't get the ingredients as fresh as we preferred because Jusco is fail. But he we made it work.

She's adorable~

The rice just takes ages and of course, being one of those really meticulous chefs, he had to get it just right.

Snoopy, their other dog! I hope I remembered the name right.

Awwww~

She's tired but she can only lie down for a second before jumping up again and following us around.

I think she knows we'll drop bits of food sooner or later.

Anyways, we rolled the sushi (actually he did most of it, I wasn't about to embarrass myself in front of him duh) and he started slicing them up.

He had to make very weird combinations like adding the ebikko straight into the rice. I admit it was fun, but made the already difficult rice even harder to roll. -.-

LOL.

I still feel proud of his our work! :D

Last pic of Twinkle in an old outfit! :P


And a really cute video of her doing the 'Stay!' trick. :DDDDDDD

Okays, I has a rant-ish.

So yeah, we had our Professionalism class test today. And I'm VERY sure I died.

As in 'lucky to get 40%' type. Not 'I'm a bloody anal nerd who must get above 75%' type. Yeah, even then I don't get that high. I am sad.

*prays for sympathy marks*

Oh goodness, I've been reduced to praying for sympathy marks. It's THAT bad. My dignity can go f**k itself.

But like, I really NEED this. Or my scholarship is screwed. My Human Nutrition test already so-so only. And the best part is, I actually thought I did fine this time. It's always like that.

Just goes to show you reverse psychology triumphs once again.

So we were all thinking we did fine and dandy and eager to get out and go home.

But then! They went through the test after they've collected the papers. And this is the really messed up part.

On the one hand, I really want to mentally prepare myself for what it is. I mean, taking this as an example, I thought I did alright when I really screwed up. The mental shock would've keeled me when I received my score. I do prefer to have a mental gauge of my score beforehand.

And all that crap about knowing the right answers la (I don't really give a crap about that part to be honest, my brain doesn't work that way). AND APPARENTLY WE ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS WRONG.

Like outta four short answer questions, we got like 85% off the mark. Okay, I did anyway. And I was so confident too, writing all I got from the notes. Then they hit us with (their) reality and tell us the answers are a whole different set on a completely different page.

The whole class was groaning by the second sub-question.

Aaanyways, back to the 'feedback' session. Yes, that's what they call it.

One the one hand, some of us, including moi, like to prepare ourselves for how we did. So feedback gives us an outline of it.

One the other hand, its like:

FTS LIKE I WANNA GO THROUGH THE DAMN TEST AGAIN. EVERY SINGLE WRONG ANSWER IS LIKE A STAB IN THE BRAIN LIKE "WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?" WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME? IMMA FLING THIS CHAIR AT WHOEVER DARES TO GET ME IN DENIAL BY SAYING I SCORED GREAT THIS TIME AND PUNCH SOME RANDOM PERSON IN THE FACE JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO.

*proceeds to cry uncontrollably*

Of course this all happens in my head.

So yeah, conclusion: I did badly.

Human Physiology test is up next week. Can I get a hoorah?

Imma throw this bottle at the first person who cheers.

P.S.: This cheers me up slightly.

:)

And this lol, garlic and cheese naan. :D

P.P.S.: Thanks to Crys for that awesome new header. Though too bad I'm part of it or it'd be better.

0 commentz: