CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Dong Dong Chiang

Happy CNY Eve!


I'll be travelling to Penang in about an hour (Dad says 4am but we know my family will never start out on time) and I've snacks to prepare!

So anyways, since the new year is coming, we shall have to say goodbye to a few things and hello to new ones!

Such as...

Bye doggies! We will miss you!

Okay la, this one temporary bye bye nia. They've gone to boarding since there's no one to take care of them for CNY.

Shaggy busy sniffing goodness knows what.

Since my sister was still in school when we brought the dogs in, I terpaksa control both dogs at the same time!

JB in the front loves to jump on Shaggy and is memang hyperactive and nosey and jumpy and likes-to-stick-head-out-of-car-y so I have to hold him down or he'll scratch up daddy's car.

Shaggy in the back on the other hand is super curious about the windscreen and keeps hopping to the front to sniff it.

So you can imagine how hard it is for one person to restraint both dogs from hopping around and jumping out of the car at the same time. -____-

Saw super cute puppy in the shop just now! x3

Also goodbye to some old bad traits and hello to new better ones! Yeah, I finally got my list done. :P

Hello to new names.

So goodbye to Jeim, Johann, Joshua and JADWIGA (latter 3's J pronouned as Y)!


I just added my own name to my fav list for this screenshot, I'm not that perasan k.

And hello to Iriana, Isa, Isis and IBRAHIM!

I don't know why we must choose the most retarded name for him. :D

Hello pretty new Pet Society stuff! :DDDDDD

Omg, I am so broke now. Splurrrge to the max this week! T.T

Which is the opposite of what I did IRL. :D

Point B had this awesome sale last week and I got lotsa new stuff for new year!

Two bras and 4 panties for like RM25.

G-strings cost RM1 only!

RM1!!!!!!!oneone11!!!!!

Anyways, this post will contain lotsa DIY/homemade sorta stuff.

We shall start with the personalized keychain!! Wth, I almost said customized. Too much computer?

Remember these?

Now I'll teach you to do your own! If you don't already know la.

I used to be quite good at it, for like a primary 2 or 3 student la. Ok, I'm still good. I really can make them super neat and proper!

Ee Wei was the one that taught me like a loooong time ago when I saw her own with her name dangling from her pencil case.

And I started taking an interest in it and making my own. Double sided summore leh! Cheh wa, got skill anot?

But that was a long time ago. And recently, my sis got me to help her with some she was making for the Vulcanz to sell for V day.

Some retard ordered 'WHATEVER' for their Valentine keychain. How does that show love in any way? -.-

It was super nostalgic and I agreed at once.

And it's actually quite fun and interesting to make.

First take some sort of firm thin strip for the middle. Sis used this flimsy plastic sheet which I totally didn't like so I made her glue two together to make it firmer.

I used to use that plastic binding you usually find on a box. Those were perfect thickness.

Of course you need these strings which used to be super popular like eons ago.

Bet you didn't know they could be used for something else other than those lame knotty string things didja?

So you glue those two flimsy strips together. Wanna use 3 strips also can (advisable).

Choose one colour for the outside and one for the wordings. For the wordings, tie 5 strings parallel to each other like so.

Must be reasonable length depending on what words you want to make.

Then glue the front end onto the tip of strip like so. (omg, I never knew how much fun it is using 'like so')

Glue the other (uncut super long) string to the back of the same tip LIKE SO.

Start winding the long one round and round the strip a couple of times to get started. Then you can start forming words liao.

Here's the tricky bit. And Imma label the 5 strings as 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 starting from the top string.

So lets say you wanna form a H. H starts with a loooong line down. So you take all five light blue strings up and wind the dark blue string once.

Then we have a horizontal line. Leave the rest down and take up only string 3. Wind the dark blue string around about twice.

Swt, fingertips are all shiny coz I got superglue all over it and it dried up. -.-

Something like that, get the idea?

It's easy after a while. And very fun to do!

Remember to wind the dark blue string around once over all 5 strings after each letter to create a space.

So A is like:

1) 2, 3, 4, 5
2) 1, 3
3) 1, 3
4) 2, 3, 4, 5

Or my sis makes hers like super wide like: 5 then 4 then 3 then 2, 3 then 1, 3 then 2, 3 then 3 then 4 then 5.

How much space that would take up la! Just make it short and sweet can?

So anyway, end result is something like this:

Nice right?

And you can make any message you want. Just see how rajin you are to make it la.

This would take less than 15 mins for someone used to doing it. Just that the gluing part damn hard because all we had available was very runny glue.

Make sure got a tail and a loop to slip around the keyring! (if you make double side, can make even nice loop)

Notice my Y was different than the first one. That's because it's the way I make it and I like it better!

Go try on your own! Or can ask me, I charge damn cheap wan!

Yeah, I'm desparate for money. T__T

Now, we have earring stands!

I've been obsessed with earring stands as anyone who has been shopping with me can tell.

I really like those pretty metal frames where you can dangle each pair side by side and it won't get all jumbled up.

So nice right? But this one the holes definitely not enough for me. =.=

I like the heart shape but I don't quite like the loops for holes. And I prefer dark coloured metal. D:


Something like this? But maybe pretty pretty-er with more curls and fancy designs.

This is very nice! But once again, too few holes.


Ok la, I like the heart thingy. :D

If only I can find a butterfly themed one. I'll probably buy it on the spot. Heartz and butterflies pwn!!

But even then, it's like super expensive. And usually those really nice ones with fancy designs cost above RM70.

THEREFORE/HENCE!

I've decided to make my own!

Or else what am I going to do with these???? T__T

The green hoops at the side I need to throw coz one side is broken. And the small pile at the side of the box I'm bringing to Penang!

(Ok, I decided that's too many for a week and am only bringing like 2-3 pairs. What? Very few already ok!)

The necklaces are actually the worst because they really tangle up badly together. But I change earrings more often and I just hate digging through the box to look for the other side!

So I'm going to make one of my own! Out of wood!

Something like this.

Right, so this is the basic concept.

The lines damn straight ok, I used ruler! But the notebook page is uneven so it looks senget.

Yeah, basic concept nia.

I might make it into a hanging suction cup-ed one LIKE SO.

Then the bottom ends have to go.

And stick it on my mirror or something.

But it might be too heavy to support. Wouldn't want it crashing down onto my stuff on the dresser and flinging my earrings everywhere.

I could make a simple support stand for the back and prop it up on the surface LIKE SO.

But it's so boring and ugly.

Then there's putting a flat plate beneath it and maybe some poles to put my necklaces and bangles LIKE SO.

Actually I've something prettier in mind but was too lazy to draw it.

But I really like this last idea.

Put a frame behind it and nail it to the wall.

Then instead of drilling holes on the last row, I'll put in nails instead so I can hang my necklaces!

I love this idea! Aside from the fact that I will get killed by the parents for nailing it into the wall.

Another setback is my artistic skill (or lack thereof) which can only be rivaled by my knowledge of sports.

Aiya, someone just buy for my birthday la! It's in March I swear. Ignore my IC and profile info.

Next! Anna's Lala Girl hairstyle!

On me!

My attempt to change my fringe parting from left side to right resulted in a whole new hairdo.

A super high ponytail.

And a polka dotted velcro bow!

Eh, seriously. Velcro is really good at holding your hair outta the way without messing it up. I always use it during my study mode.

End up looking like this. Don't laugh. -.-

Random:

Anna anna challenges you people to guess where this character came from. (Hint: some video game)

So pretty right! Love the hair!

Don't ask me, I'm also blur even though I was there when she bought it. =.=

Closer view.

See those dainty pointy feet of hers?

Yeah, Anna uses that for her touchscreen phone (same as Cecilia except in silver!). Haih, Anna... o.o

Random 2:

Dumpling mice are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(x 1 bajillion) cute!!!

Omg, lookit at the baju and the food and how it's balancing them!

I feel like any moment it's gonna go 'HAI YAH!' and go all dumpling kung fu on me. O.O

Ok, back to DIY stuff.

Photo frame!

Made outta the hardest paper I could find in the house: drawing block.

Then some pretty stuff printed and cut out from the comp since as I said, my own artistic skills are unsurpassed. *cough*

Pretty yes?

Took so long to cut out the banner because of the bendy parts. D:

Inside! Sorry, the bear print out was bigger than I estimated! D:

Yes, Diane. It's for you but you left so early so I couldn't give it to you. So nah, here's a virtual copy of it first!

I give you when you get back!

Also made another printed paper but this one the content is shhhhhh, secret!

Hee~

Enjoy your holiday people!

Lovezz,

~*JJ*~

P.S.: One week in Penang. Great.

And the weight I will gain. Oh joy.

0 commentz: