CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Family Reunions

Family reunions are a bit of a hassle.

But ok larrr, get to see everyone mah.

No actually, I don't really like to see everyone. Some of them, they always criticise. It's just so hard to please them sometimes.

Not just people, even for places! I mean, one minute you think they're gonna compliment something/someone, then next minute sure they must say something bad.

It's like: 'The food very fresh here! *pause* Actually ah, the fish abit salty...' or 'I like here, dishes very nice. *pause* But the waiters quite rude.'

-_____-

Waliao, wanna say it's good then say la! Don't need to add anymore comments gua. But then I think all aunties also like that wan.


I love going back to Penang is because I want to see the people who don't prejudge me by what they heard or by my weight and looks, but just have fun and catch up.

Also the reason why I like taking pics of small kids better, less hassle and more genuine smiles.

The first dinner was at Sticks in Queensbay Mall.

Rushing in the lift to put on his shoes!

All dressed up. So pretty!

The outside. I like the place.

Inside one of the rooms. Also very nice. :D

Another favourite cousin (or have I mentioned him before?), Foo koko!

My sister must always do some farny pose for pictures. Here she's advertising the place with their menu.

'Come to Sticks! Got set dinner quite cheap!'

Father and daughter =)

Yeah, she looks all teary here. I asked her mum why she was like that as she is usually estatic when it comes to photos (see the one above).

Her mum told me, 'Oh, it's because she don't want people to see her red eye!' (yeah, she got some irritation in her eye that night)

Lol, 4 years old also so jaga muka already!

Cousin Lay Yih.

He was one of the closest to me growing up (and therefore a favourite) since he was only a year older than me and they always lumped us kids together. =.=

AND OMG, he uses this awesome cologne that as a superrrr nice smell! Everytime I go near him sure sniff sniff abit. T.T

*sniffs*

Our wine glasses. Later summore tambah beer. o.o

Sisters. Wah, mummy super floral this week.

Why daddy always look so ganas? T_T

Janice playing with her dolly

Our table

More sisters!

'I take care of her like mummy takes care of me!'

See he act cute again. =.=

Jie Xin super kawaii! (omg, I dunno how to spell her english name so this is her han yi pin yin only)

Next three pics stolen from FB cousin's photos. :D

Group piccies

Oh, forgot! My outfit for the night.

Both dress and shoes also from Voir. I lovezz Voir.

Must show because it's super uncomfortable to wear at the chest area. It's too tight there, but the waist is super loose. I think it's tailored for those slender type people. D:

But it has pockets! Awesomesauce.

(So many piccies! @.@)

I know right? Alot of people photographs recently. Maybe I've changed my blogging ways.

Just kidding! Pft, please. Food is too awesome to miss out.

I like the soup here, flavourful but light and doesn't make you super full. Unlike some soups that you finish liao will feel super full until you feel like sending back the main course.

So anyway, our set dinners included soup...


Salad...

Aloha chicken...

Volcano chicken...

Lamb...

And Mango Fish as choices for the main course. But no one ordered the fish so no photo of it. Well, who would want mango flavoured fish in the first place?

Extra drinks.

For those who wanted or couldn't drink alcohol. :P

And dessert!

The cup is already so small, you can imagine how big the scoop of ice cream is. -.-

Next night, next dinner!

At Coconut Palms. (Don't even want to bold the name coz of certain reasons you will see below)

Had to wait for more people to arrive so took pics in the car park first. :D

Mummy with more floral patterns!

Bleh, super hate taking pics with my sister. My self esteem just plunges.

She only weighs like 36 kg!

Hmm, maybe I should print this and frame it up?

This one also.

Look how much omfgtehtall he is! And my heels are at least 3 1/2 inches!

Means about a head leh.

Told you, weird poses. -.-

Actually, the service here is really horrible. There was a one hour wait for the first dish, which all they basically had to do was unwrap the yee sang.

So eager again lol.

After that, there was another one hour gap till the next dish. In this gap, I had ample time to go around snapping photos.

Megan pretending to be an unanimated rag doll.
Even her dress also like patchwork! Kyuuute!

Other tables.

See? Adults are such a hassle to ask to smile for the camera. I'd rather candid shots then.

I mean I asked like four of my aunties to smile and only two of them did. The other two simply looked away or put on a bored look.

And don't say I didn't ask loudly enough or something, I asked TWICE and if the two heard me, there's no reason why the other two wouldn't have.

Maybe it's because they don't like me? Or they hate taking pictures. But based of first hand observations, the former reason seems more plausible.

Therefore, I cropped out the two aunts that were smiling nice into the camera and posted them up. Because really, the other two didn't look nice. -.-

Ok, I think I forgot to upload the other pic so it'll go in the next post.

Our table!

Lol, braids!

Soooo bored waiting...

Plus, I don't think they are very hygienic. Because I went down to the bathrooms earlier on and one of the waitresses went in too.

And after using the bathroom, she didn't wash her hands!

Ew ew ew! Oh my god, imagine her hands touching the toilet seat or the toilet walls or maybe even her pee and she doesn't wash hands and straight go back to touching your food.

Gross anot?

And I don't think she even wipes. I heard her pee finish then straightaway flush and open door already.

Definitely didn't have time to wipe.

Uggghhh. D:

Their juices are disgusting and I think they blended the orange skin in. -.-

After taking this pic, out of habit I took a huge gulp! Bleh!

See the things I do so that there are more people photos here? T_T

Baby Fiona! She's sooooooo omfgtehcute!

She used to be so shy but now very sporting, can pose for camera!

I think she learnt from this girl and her sister lor. -.-


Finally, the first dish came!

Sharkfin souppppp!

I could've almost -ALMOST- forgiven them if I hadn't found crab shell and other hard stuff in it. =.=

Ok, the lala dish I like. :D

But not alot of fresh ones so we had to snatch quickly!

Gravy was yums.

Veggie dish also not bad.

I like this kinda veggie in sos tiram!

Oyster sauce ftw!

I like the leaves but I love the stalks. Very crrrrunchy! Don't know why some people must cut away the stalk and eat the leaves only.

Don't know why they say kids make a fuss about eating veggies. Most kids do like their vegetables and eat them.

I myself used to be sooo obsessed with cucumbers. I remember my neigbour Ee Ann liked carrots. So we'd each bring a stump of raw cucumber and carrot to munch on while we talked.

Rice dish. Also not bad.

Dunno what (mixed?) dish also nice.

The chicken! It was yummeh!

Ok, I don't eat fish. And this has mint leaves summore. Mint only belongs in toothpaste and fruit flavoured gum!

Soooo... yeah. But others said it's ok la.

I don't like eating things that are very hard to eat. So it's not that I don't like eating seafood. It's just too mafan. The fish and prawns need to be deboned to shelled.

That's why I still make dad peel my prawns and my kids in future will be deprived of iodine. Because their mother don't know how to debone fish for them. T__T

Simple food is easier la!

My only exception is crabs. Coz they're just too darn awesome to pass up.

Maybe I'll feed my kids only crabs as a source of iodine enough. Omg, I need to find a husband who can debone fish or I'll have to beg my parents to move in with me!

My cousin Lay Yih loooves his garlic. Always must have so that 'the food tastes nicer'.

The waiter forgot to bring it once and he snapped at him. So ganas and unlike the usual smiley him! I told my cousin to be careful in case the waiter added 'extra ingredient' in.

Next generation cousins playing together. Omg, I feel old. T.T

Dessert. Nice also.

Overall, the service is very teh cham. And I think because my cousin snapped at one of the waiter, they keep grouping behind the counter and gossiping about us.

Not being perasan! They kept glancing and pointing at us in what they must've thought was a discreet way and whispering amongst themselves.

And throughout the whole dinner, they kept dropping metal dishes. -.-

Food also mediocre nia so didn't really make up for it.

And the price also not that reasonable, especially since the food was only so so.

Definitely not going back there again. At least we still had fun getting together and talking and laughing. :)

More piccies! I'm almost done, I swear.

Awww...

He's super tall you know, topping Lay Yih by nearly a head and his girlfriend by two.

OH WAIT. I did upload that picture after all. :D

Always ask me to take individual photo of him wan. -.-"

Cousins!

If you're wondering why my cousins all look so much older than me, it's because I'm the third youngest in my generation. The two younger than me are my sister and other cousin Lay Siang who is same age as my sister.

I was an aunty at the age of eight ok. FML.

=)

Mei mei eating super slow so we all waited for her. :P

Okay done! Finally right?

And that's not all the Penang pics too. Die la, the last couple of people still reading my blog sure run away too.

T___T

P.S.: I forgot my links will disappear when I change URL. Relinking back now. Have I forgotten anyone?

0 commentz: