CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Teddy On A Shoe

Some old games are so not fun to play anymore.

Then again, they were never fun to begin with.


So I actually wanted to post this tomorrow because I wanted to give a shout out to mummy. It's her birthday tomorrow! So yes, go wish her ya. (She has Facebook!)

Happy Birthday Eve, Mum!

I love you and appreciate everything you've done for the family, even if I don't always show it.

My eyes are getting much better. They can almost see completely clearly now and it's only when I've been staring at the comp screen or TV for too long that it gets blurry again.

But the Internet is so interesting! Youtube is like my best friend all over again.

I can has tiny teddy?

And Lolcats rule! Or in this case lolrat/lolhamster/lolmouse/lolicanttell.

And remember that game Hotel City I was talking about in the last post? Yeah, also still addicted to that.

But I totally recommend you wait till their beta testing phase is over. It's so buggy!

Rooms and decor go missing, there are bonuses that up you straight to level 52 and suddenly you can't log in anymore, problems hiring people.

AND THE F*CKING CALM OCEAN ROOM SUDDENLY DECREASE TO 3 COINS. LIKE RAAAWR.

Used to be able to earn 7 coins from that, even though it's a small room. But I guess they realized their mistake and changed it to 3. Well, how about those people that already spent a fortune investing in them, huh? HUH?

And alongside my rooms, wallpaper and tables, one of my gyms went missing too. Like wanna add oil to the damn inferno, they were still making me pay for the 'ghostly personal trainer', to quote someone on the forum who has the same problem.

Plus, I hope players realize we actually earn money from moneybags and working at other people's hotel then managing out own hotel in the first place. Why is this called Hotel City again?

New addition is an Outdoor Disco. Advice: DON'T BUY IT.

I always browse through the fanatic updates some users post seconds after the release before I make a decision, and it seems there might be another glitch where the disco capacity says 5 but can only take 2 guests.

In addition, you only earn 1 coin per person in a 58k+ disco? Doesn't make sense. Best not buy it till it's fixed.

The only good maintenance so far is that now we have more freedom to shape our hotels.

Like this.

Yeah, I had extra rooms so they're just there hanging around (pun totally intended).

Hope they fix the bugs soon and let us sell stuff!

Oh, curse my weak will and inevitable addiction to mindless cutesy games.

Like Pet Society, another Playfish game. =.=

Love this week's Japanese theme. If I can't have a kotatsu IRL, then a cute virtual one for Chocolatte is pretty awesome too. :D

New teru teru bozu beside the old version of it!

I think the old one is much cuter but the new ones can swing side to side like a lil white ghostly pendulum. It has a pretty calming effect too.

I actually first learnt about them when Pet Society first sold the old version. Go check it out, it's quite interesting.

Ok ok, proper updates now.

For those of you who haven't seen my disastrous haircut.

It's not so bad now but I'm still not used to the thinness.

That weekend was quite a busy one despite my parents not being around because of cheng beng.

I went shopping by myself since mum just informed me the night before that Voir was having a major sale (she kind of exaggerated on the 'major' -.-) and my sis had some cheer thing till 6 and then dinner with her team later.

So anyway, here's the loot.

Altogether I spent about RM130 for a skirt, a pair of shorts, a top (courtesy of mum) and a pair of shoes. Pretty good considering how overpriced clothes are nowadays.

So happy because any loot above RM100 that has more than 2 items is already considered splurging to me.

Yeah, I'm the bargain hunter sort. Whoever said you can't find good stuff in a 70%-off bin needs to get shot for making people lose faith in marked down items.

I've been eyeing this pair since they were new arrivals. And with the storewide 20% sale for all shoes, I finally obtained them!

So after shopping, I rushed back home to meet my cousin. He picked me up and we went to PWTC to meet his girlfriend, who was working for her shop at a furniture exhibition there.

Besides furniture, there were quite a few other fairs too, like interior decorating, electronics and aquariums, just to name a few.

There was also the shoe fair.

Lotsa interesting stuff, that fair has.

Young Designer's Creative Corner.

Some brands were pretty interesting too. :D

And some were super stylish.

Or gaudy, depending on your taste.

Max points for cuteness though. :D

I'd totally wear this pair if I could afford it. Minus the pom poms.

The shoes ranged from cheap RM10 ones...

To one's which you could sell your house for.

Yup, you guessed it. The main attraction of the fair:

Jimmy Choo's.

Or Jimmy Choo himself who was there personally to take photos with the queuing busybodies fans.

Can you spot his bald head in that photo? Don't confuse him with his portraits. :P

We had to leave the fair empty handed as there really wasn't anything suitable we could find. My cousin because the working shoes were horrible; me because I was broke from the earlier shopping spree.

My cousin's girlfriend had to work till 10pm so we had to go for dinner without her.

With about an hour more to kill, we headed to the aquariums.

I love neon tetras! Gonna get some soon.

Many interesting fishies there!

Like this albino angelfish. (Love this shot!)

Well, I assume it's an albino angelfish since it's angelfish-shaped and it's all white and albino-y.

Is there even such a thing as an albino angelfish? o.O

Aquarium coffee table!

Now you can have your coffee and tea while watching the cute buggers swimming about and going O.O at your mugs!

Around 7 plus, we went to the opposite Legend Hotel for the Gen Restaurant Japanese Buffet.

Gone there so many times I suppose it'll be redundant to post pics of the food. Selection is not that wide anyway, unlike places like Jogoya.

So here is a pic of my starter plate.

And this is my dessert plate.

Niece still nomming on the lala that she loves.

Megan showing off her new charm bracelet!

And Janice has one too!

Went back around 11 plus after fetching my cousin's girlfriend.

Oh, random! There's this hotel opposite Legend Hotel called Dynasty Hotel.

Cool name. Except when you look from a certain angle with some buildings blocking it, it becomes:

Yeeeaaah.

The rest of the week was spent boring as usual. Only bright spot was that I got to see the boy a couple of times. :)

Weekdays generally go like sleep, eat, TV, eat, comp, sleep.

Sometimes, I even envy my sis for having school.

Then I mentally slap sense into myself and proceed to laugh in her face.

She keeps doing her cheer moves in the house. With shoes on.

This would be the reason I can't obey the 3 second rule at home. 3 not 5 because it's (dry) food dropped on the floor and not the table.

Yes, you probably think I'm gross but I love food more than your opinions. So suck it.

Once in a while, I do come down early to make my own meals.

You know, I'm pretty sure my nails are not cut out for hard work.

I love my long nails because they're pretty and make my fingers look less stubby.

But the problem is they chip all the time. And I drink lots of milk and stuff so they should be strong enough.

At first I thought it was the nail polish so I stopped using it (I don't use base coats you see).

But then I found out that the only time they don't chip is when I'm not doing any hard labour and stuff.

See, one morning of peeling and chopping potatoes and my thumb nail tears.

I'm just not cut out to take care of long nails. T_T

Well anyway, I was cutting potatoes to make homemade fries. All the fast food places nearby STILL do not deliver to Kemuning Utama.

WHY OH WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME WITH SAUSAGE MCMUFFIN-LESS BREAKFASTS?

End up have to do my own fries. -.-

Actually it's quite simple la.

Just peel some potatoes and slice them up into fries shape.

And fry them in oil!

A warning though, they won't taste like actual McD fries since I think McD actually mashes the potatoes up and reshape them before deep frying.

But they're still yummy! And a good enough substitute for McD when you're desperate.

My brekkie!

I didn't actually eat chicken floss with PB&J, I just piled them up like that to save space and ate them separately later.

Quite an easy, healthy breakfast if I do say so myself. Not including the fries la.

Or fruits for brekkie is also yummy too.

All of the above are my favourite fruits. Add watermelon and papaya and it would be complete.

Mum went out of the way to get blueberries last week too. YUMS.

Sometimes when I'm bored at home or miss them, I go out an kacau my two doggies.

So cute how not to miss?

I just wish the tick collars work faster so I can cuddle them again.

Ok yeah, I can't see again. Gonna go rest for abit. Nights!

P.S.: Remember Nel from Bleach?

I think I raved about her in like one of my first ever posts.

Well I saw someone dressing up as her on a forum the other day.

Three words: Best. Cosplay. Ever.

0 commentz: