CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 30, 2010

A Birhtday

The past few days have been sort of tiring and sickly-ish.

I'm almost dragging myself to update this post. But since it's of daddy's birthday, must la.

It feels like my limbs and eyelids are super heavy and just don't want to budge. Bleh.

Weather is so not helping either. I hate acne! D:

Dad's birthday celebration was split into two days. 25th because it's a Sunday and the rest of the family hasn't flown of to Hong Kong yet and a couple of days later because that's the actual date.

First was at Unique Seafood in PJ.

The man of the hour.

Everyone gets a drink. This one is super sweet till you couldn't even taste any alcohol at all.

Sis enjoyed it though.

The sisters.

Two of the sisters joined us that day as they were following to HK the next day too.

I love their bathroom. Clean and smells of oranges. No wonder the orange doors.

The whole place is just so fresh and citrus-y! :D

First dish: oysters! One of dad's favourites.

They be huuuuge!

Noodlezzz.

Very yummy, most of us took second helpings of this in fact.

Claypot veggie and fungi and stuff.

And lala soup!

Not the lousy cheap cheap one with like 3 lala which you have to stir and stir to find. The lala is plentiful here!

Fish!

As usual, I can never elaborate on the fish dish. ~.~

The veggie dish!

I love stem-y veggie. Or stalk-y veggie.

Don't know what they're called la. As long as they have crunchy and flavourful stems to munch on, I like. :P

And the stringy veggie which I assume is seaweed is omnomnom nice too. But gets stuck in your teeth easily!

Around this point, the two girls who had been asleep all this time woke up.

Just in time for snails!

Oooo, cheesy baked snails are teh love.

Poke 'em with your toothpick and pull 'em out and pop 'em in your mouth.

And now for the main attraction! Kinda.

Salted egg crabs!

*drools all over the keyboard*

The easiest way to show you how awesomely tasty they are is to show you their wet towels.

See?

You can tell that it's good if they dared to put it on all of their wet towels for all to see.

Licking the yolk off the shell. I approve! *Gai's thumbs up with teeth ping-ing*

Baked crabs, the other crab dish.

Which is also quite good on it's own, but far outshone by the first crab dish. Sorry, baked crabs.

That fried yam cake circles filled with stuff thing.

More people enjoying the crabs.

"Uncle kong kong, we got flowers for you!"

"Daddy say boy boy won't like pink colour flowers wan!"

But they be pretty. :)

Dad and mum.

Plus the daughters.

Manja-ing. :P

Dessert! I got chilled mango with sago again. Because it's the yummiest!

To me anyway.

Oooo, what big gift awaits daddy?

Lol, a brand new back massager from Gaik jie jie's family!

Just what dad needs for his sore back. Am glad to report that he has been using it quite regularly. :D

On the actual day, only the immediate family and Ah Chuan koko and Lee Yan jie jie could make it.

And due to some unfortunate misfortune, I got a very bad stomach ache that day. Felt all vomit-y and nauseous so I suspect it was food poisoning.

We went to that Bukit Tinggi mall which name I still haven't bothered to learn yet for Japanese food at Kinsahi.

I swear this is the only time I left a Japanese restaurant not bursting full.

I love that place and I really wanted to enjoy the night with my family but it got so bad to the point where mum had to bring me to the pharmacist one floor up to get some meds to stop the pain.

Thank goodness dad wasn't the one that got it though, that would've just been cruel.

So yes, as the unofficial photographer of the family, I should have taken great shots because I said it before and I'll say it again, this place has awesome food presentation skills.

Service is fast and good and food is great. The waiter that took our order even offered to check if there was a pharmacy or clinic in the mall when he saw the state it was in.

Nice anot?

And as usual, the thick fresh salmon sashimi slices were arranged beautifully.

BUT. They wouldn't let me eat it! T________T

It's because it's raw and with an upset stomach, I myself knew I shouldn't push it.

But mana tau, after refusing to let me even have half a slice, THEY DECIDED TO ORDER A SECOND ROUND.

That is just pure evil.

Well I'm glad to see that my stomach's Near Death Experience didn't daunt the night's festivities. I really mean it la. Only slight sarcasm there. *cough*

And I ended up grabbing one slice when no one was paying attention anyway. Says something about my self-control, or the lack of it.

Got home after dinner and I was feeling much better then.

So more pics now!

Cake and super duper cute card!

One candle only. Daddy is ten! :P

This is like one of the first time in ages that the candles did not have to be lit twice since Megan wasn't there lol.

Family photo without the cake.

Next time let Lee Yan jie jie take the photo can? -__-

Carrot walnut from La Manila since daddy isn't a big fan of SR.

It sounded kinda funky and not in a good way to me and sis but turns out, we were the ones that enjoyed it best.

It really is yummy and crumbly. Maybe a little dry but the taste blends together nicely.

One slice for you and you and you...

And one slice for me. :D

Customary wine after din-din.

And now all that's left is to enjoy the present from us.

Ahhh....

Hope you had a good birthday, dad!

P.S.: I have tons of pics stacked up in my folders. T.T I should update more. Or I could just take less pictures.

Nah.

0 commentz: