CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Lives Are Made

In these small hours,
These little wonders,
These twists & turns of fate

If you are a huge Disney lover like moi, or a Rob Thomas fan you'll probably find this song familiar. And if you have any good taste in music at all, you'll admit this is a great song. Not saying you have to like it, merely appreciate it.

Little Wonders by Rob Thomas is a Meet the Robinsons OST. And it's like one of the best Disney movies ever. EVER.

There were some huge plot holes that always annoyed me. Example: even if Goob was possibly traumatized when he was a kid, he couldn't ever become that stupid, like the Bowler Hat Guy in the future.

And wtf is with the moustache?! (Note that this is not a plot hole but just something that annoys me too)

But it was still really touching and incredible and inspirational and and and, I cried okay! Like T underscoreunderscore T cry!

Oh, but I just couldn't help myself at that part where Goob wonders off and Lewis picks up his pink Unicorn binder and he sees a ? next to the checkbox under what to do next.

SO SAD. T____T

I just love movies like that. Better than the other unbelievable happily ever after romance crap Disney churns out.

Well yeah, I did have my Disney Princesses phase too but it was never a really big hoo-ha. I was more into the excitement, music and talking animals than the romance. It's like on the one hand, you really wish the stuff those fairy tails could really come true; on the other hand, you know better.

Maybe that's why I prefer rom-coms. Something else to focus on rather than just plain mushiness and the romance is always more realistic. Well as real as Hollywood can get anyway.

But I digress.

I've always loved Disney movies because they do make some of the most entertaining and meaningful story lines I know. Most of my favourites can be found in this list.

Most of them I'm sure everyone is familiar with, like Sleeping Beauty, Lion King, Aladdin, Peter Pan and Fox and the Hound.

Some lesser known ones like Hunchback, Hercules, Sword in the Stone, Great Mouse Detective or Robin Hood.

Some I didn't know were under Disney like Spirited Away and National Treasure.

POTC don't even need me to tell you it was SQUEEE-tastic.

Some I don't quite like such as Tuck Everlasting, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Fantasia and Cars. Actually I think those are the only few.

Goodness knows why I ever bothered to remember Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. And the fact that I spelt it right the first time says something about my lifelessness too.

I think it was a challenge from an old friend actually. He could say it and I couldn't. Sooo... yeah.

The rest made me either sob or laugh uncontrollably at some point during the movie. And they always made me feel for the movie in the end.

See, I always viewed a good movie as something that somehow manages to touch you in one way or another. So no matter how it has touched you, whatever it made you learn, resolve, aspire, envision, sympathize, celebrate or anything that made you open your eyes and heart just a little bit more, I feel is a good movie.

That's why one seriously underrated one is Tru Confessions. I mentioned it before and I'll say it again.

MUST WATCH.

Least because it has Shia Lebouf in it. And his acting was awesome(sauce).

And Disney songs are the best. People who write them off simply and childish and swallow are just that themselves.

I shall end this raving with the MV of Little Wonders.



P.S.: Happy Birhtday Daddy!

(Yes, I intentionally spelt birthday wrong. Never mind, daddy will get it. :P)

0 commentz: