CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunshine In A Bottle

The pot calls the kettle black.

But nevermind about that.

Just got home from Colmar, will blog about that soon enough.

For now, here's another few experiments and some random piccies.

We're supposed to use carbon tetrachloride to test the presence of halogens (if anyone can still remember what they are :P).

See~ Pretty purple colour shows presence of Iodine which has displaced some other halide ion!

I think. =.="

You can find many pretty things in the lab. I like this moonstone-looking solids.

Which I forgot what they are already. What did we use those for again? ^.^"


Well, we can see how my chem exam paper is gonna turn out.

YESSSS, MY SUNSHINE IN A BOTTLE!

I spazzed over this from the time Sir took it out till the end of the lesson.

IS IT NOT THE PRETTIEST? :D

It just makes me wanna smile everytime I see it. =)

Then you add acid and stuff and it becomes like that. Bleh...

Percipitate.

After adding some other chemicals and what nots, you can get back your Sunshine In A Bottle!

Yeah, it goes around in a circle and finally you get Potassium Chromate back. (I think so, I can't read the label anymore.)

Then a titration experiment. Titrations are troublesome as hell. D:

Measure measure...

Shut up. Despite what SOME people claim, I am wearing something under my labcoat. =.=

Swirl swirl...

OH WAIT! I remember what the pretty solid is already. It's some basic compund that we had to weight and dissolve and then titrate with!

Yay! I remembered! There is hope for me yet! *claps*

When you get a "faint, presistent pink" colour, stop the titiration and measure the volume of Potassium Permanagate used.

Lookit, purple star! =)

Went to watch Up at TCM the other day.

Cute ^.^

The front part was so sad! T___________T

I mean, Fredricksen's past, not the mini cloud story. Don't get me wrong, that was super touching as well; the stork is so loyal! =)

Seriously, super sweet! But too bad, no one to spazz with. Went with two guys, and they aren't the 'sensitive' type. Meh...

It was like:

T.T

>.>

<.<

=.=

But I found it quite good and it wasn't a completely, unbelievably happy ending like some shows are, which was what I've always liked about Pixar.

But sweet all the same. :)

"BUT IT'S A TALKING DOG!" :D

And and and, I think I still owe Sam 4 bucks. =.=

I managed to force guilt bribe annoy persuade him to watch the movie with me to kill my stoning time. =D

BAD ASS COFFEE FTW! xD

My Rocky-eating, Aih!-going, Shupshupshup-complaining math lecturer, Mr Peter. :)

Does Ice-Cream cheer up your mornings??

It does mine! :D

Until someone starts sighing at the fact that ice-cream in the mornings are not good for my diet.

I should prolly listen to her.

But it's chocolate-flavoured so the usual rules don't apply.

Lee Lee and I ordered the exact same things! Fillet set with an Apple Pie!

Ok, I know it's not some profound discovery or something. Spare me, I'm easily amused that way. :P

Lovezz,

~*JJ*~

P.S.: Anyone else think I need a bigger pencil case? D:

But this one is pretty too! Haih...

0 commentz: