CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Port Dickson

Sneezing causes brain cells to die.

At least that's what I heard on mix.fm the other day. And I've been sneezing non-stop today.

Stupid liao. T___T

Hopefully coughing doesn't do that or I'm a certified retard by now.

But I think I'm getting well. I've been a good girl and avoiding cold drinks (LE GASP!) while drinking lotsa warm water.

Yay for my self-discipline!

Left eye currently muuuch better, only in bright light do things get fuzzy and pale, like errr, when you use the soft focus on a camera. Right eye still just as blur.

But both much less red already! In fact, I promised my boss to start work on Monday!

Dunno whether I'm being too ambitious but I'm scared of getting fired before I even started. D:

Anyways, loooong overdue pics of Port Dickson that people are starting to ask if I accidentally deleted them and didn't want to admit. -__-

Come on la, it's been only a week and my eyes' health take one step back everytime I look at the computer screen or TV for too long. And I just major killed them yesterday catching up on all the manga I missed since two weeks ago when my eyes starting going cacat.

So okay, it wasn't that long a journey but we got lost halfway. Never had we realize how handy a (porperly updated, ahem -.-) GPS would be to get to our location through the smoothest and fastest route.

Plus, there were very few signboards showing the way and most were super misleading. Weird because this is quite a well known hotel.

After more than half an hour of hunting, driving and useless directions given by the locals, we got to the Legend Water Chalets.

My cousin Chuan's girlfriend really look like some Taiwan ming xing (celeb) right? So pretty!

Summore pair with my cute niece, this pic is pricelessly cute!

Waiting in the lobby.

I guess the long searching was worth it because this place is simply lovely.

Double thumbs up to whoever designed the place and rooms because they really give the relaxing seaside vacation feel.

And I didn't really have much faith since PD's seawater cleanliness has been deteriorating over the years, but it's still tolerable la.

Even so, the area was super ulu. It's like what I'd picture Muar to be like.

(Apparently, Muar is very ulu according to Ash's friends whose hometown is there. We make fun of it unmercifully.)

You enter your chalet and straightaway you're greeted by a very nice bathroom. Nice concept but makes whoever using the toilet feel a little bit exposed. =X

There's even a porthole thingy in the middle of the floor so you can view the sea rising and subsiding with the tide!

Reminded me so much of the Avalon, the place we stayed in PD like ten years ago. That one the whole room is made of planks and you can see the sea below!

I was so scared before though, that I would fall through and plunge into the murky sea depths below. T_T

Toilet very nice and clean.

The thing at the side of the toilet bowl is like something partway between a jacuzzi and a bathtub.

It's shaped like a jacuzzi but that's about it. It doesn't have jet sprays or anything that would categorize it as a jacuzzi other than the shape.

It basically functions like a normal bathtub except the shape won't allow you to lie and soak comfortably in it.

And interesting as the tap may be, the water pressure isn't really strong enough to create a good amount of foam and bubbles. And I do love my bubbles.

Form over function much?

The shower has a wide open space to stand and a wide ledge to place your soaps on but for some reason the water is always freezing cold in the morning.

Gets warm very quickly at night though.

And there's a skyroof that can be slide open and close with a rope.

But dunno why the rope is in the bedroom so whoever is in the shower can't control it. o.O

The open roof makes the toilet smell like the salty sea!

The bed is very pretty and comfy!

But it's right below the aircon so my parents were freezing their butts of at night lol.

The sofa bed! It's actually a queen sized bed tucked in a corner with a good view of the opposite chalets.

Snug and comfy too. :)

Another porthole in the middle of the bedroom!

This one is slightly longer so it's rectangular.

SIs wanted a pic too, then complained her legs look too muscular. =.=

But I have to say I agree. :P

A small balcony to look out from.

Tide still pretty low then.

Cousins are next door!

Rawr! I is teh bagging the sofa bed!

Chilling abit before we went for dinner since it was still early.

Being fascinated by the hole.

It seems you can sometimes see baby fishes and crabs below, but my vision was super blurry then so I couldn't see nuts. T___T

Chuan koko playing airplane with them!

I remember my sis and I used to quarrel over whose turn it was when we were little kids too.

Had some cornetto ice cream Dad got from the convenience store below.

Then we set out on a walk around the place!

Love this pic, but my sis had to run all the way to the other side to pose lol. She was very willing though. :P

See, the water chalets are all built above water (hence water chalets) so you can hear the waves wherever you are.

Megan taking a picture of dad taking a picture of us as we rested in the pondok that was about the furthest out.

Group piccy from cousin camera!


And ours! Dunno what Megan is doing here.
Then Janice borrowed the camera and actually took these two very nice shots of Sien jie jie and Lee Yan jie jie.

Ok I had to use the comp to increase the brightness and contrast all that for the second pic but still very good leh!

Very beautiful view of the sea and the islands farther away.

Then the setting sun came out and cast that shimmery golden path on the sea.

Because my eyes still too sensitive and blurry, I really couldn't fully enjoy the view. So I took a crapload of photos to see later when I get better. Smart leh.

Sis chilling on the deck chair on the balcony before dinner.

Um, I was bored?

*bricked*

Went out to tour the area and look for a nice place to eat. Once again, I want to stress how ulu that place is. There were only a few lots of shops, but most of the place seem to be composed of desa like that wan.

You know, village-ish. Pitch black roads, old abandoned-looking houses, very few streetlights, dark hutan surrounding, lots of dead ends and decrepit shops and petrol stations. No malls or bright lights or big billboards.

Nothing against it but kinda boring and a bit scary if you lose your way lor.

Also we didn't really know where to go eat (not like there was a lot of choices anyway) so we settled for this shop nearby that my cousin's friend recommended.

Anyway, the rest of the restaurants all like pak bang wan, nobody but the employees sitting around.

It was a seafood shop in the corner but I forgot the name already. D:

Aiya, some chinese seafood place la. They all look the same to me anyway.

Interesting teapot.

Our dishes for the night, got others but I didn't manage to take photos of them. But all not bad.

Even the fish! Though I ate very little of it and more of the tofu. :D

The egg has century egg mixed in it, yum!

I remember the place was too bright so I had to wear my retarded clip on sunglasses and got quite a few people staring at me.

I suppose I really did look like some blind bat. T_T

Went back to the hotel to rest after that but didn't sleep until quite late. Cousins went to the lobby to play online FB poker. =.=

The pool at night is pretty.

Here's a funny video I took around dusk.


(you should turn down the volume, it's quite loud since I was calling to my sister. -.-)

Wanted to show how peaceful and serene the sea was around but ended up taking a video of a person swimming to shore. Quickly called my sis who was reading next to me to come see.

We reckoned he fell in while fishing. Lucky the tide wasn't that high.

I know I sound weird. But in my defense, I didn't know my handphone's mike recorder was that sensitive. =.=

Next day pics up soon!

Gonna go rest my eyes again. Ow.

P.S.: WHEEEEEEEEEE! Isshin has never looked so cool! :DDDD

0 commentz: