CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 5, 2010

I Hate Today

Really really hate it.

Crappy can't even describe it. Shitty doesn't count. Screwed up is putting it lightly.

As if I wasn't already NOT looking forward to working from 10am to 8pm as one of those pengacau survey people that I myself always wave away, I woke up after only about an hour's sleep with my right eye slightly swollen and red.

Thinking that maybe it was because of my contacts, I threw away the old pair and opened up a brand new pair of colour contacts.

First ever coloured pair. It was amethyst colour too.

Then I crawled into the car at 6.45am in the morning because mum needed to drop me off before she went to work. Got to Jo's house after the stressful morning jam.

My eye still hadn't gone down.

Dressed up in collared uncomfortable clothing, I went with Esther to Esquire Kitchen in Subang Parade at 9.50am, proud that we were early.

Then only we got an sms saying that the hours was wrong and we could only start working at 12 noon.

My eye STILL hadn't gone down and it looked like I was trying to wink but EPIC FAIL type.

We lugged the 60 boxes of free gifts and papers and posters into Esquire Kitchen and begged them to let us store it there, lest we had to drag them around the mall with us for the next two hours.

Those two hours were fine, talking with Esther who kindly belanja-ed me Gelato in return for the hash brown.

At 12, we started work. Even that wasn't easy. We had 4 huge posters we had to display to the customers and ask them questions while filling in a form at the same time. Hard to do when you're standing up and have no place to support your stuff.

Most people rejected us, thinking there was a catch even though we tried to explain it was just answering some questions for a free pair of watches. Can't blame them for being skeptical, this is Malaysia after all.

Either that or they try to hit on you with the cheesiest lines ever.

My eye bothered me the whole day and though there was no pain or discharge (for now), the swelling impaired my vision and itched throughout the day.


My monthly 'best friend' then decided to visit me suddenly and I was NOT prepared at all.


Half of my thumb nail ripped off halfway and I couldn't cut it off because I had no scissors or clippers with me. Had to leave it half hanging painfully there.

After nearly non-stop surveying to fill our quota, with only a short break of 45 mins, we were almost done.

Around 6, I got a call from Pet Safari asking me to come for the job interview I've been waiting for days. They wanted me to be at Ikano at 10am tomorrow when I was supposed to meet up at 11am in Subang for tomorrow's survey.

I asked them if it was possible to reschedule. At that point they seem to lose interest in me and told me they MIGHT call back. I panicked and called them back asking for a 9.30am interview.

So tomorrow, I have to wake up at 8am and drive 30 km to Ikano for a 10 minute interview, and then back to Subang Parade which is another 25km.

The eye got worse so I freaked out and asked mum to take me to check after work and she ok-ed me again. Haha.

After a long day, where we met our quota early but they wouldn't let us off till we did our full 8 hours of work, I had to wait by the roadside for another half hour before the parents picked me up. In heels.

Went to doctors and found out I had caught the eye infection from my niece. And now I have to throw away my brand new contacts. My other eye might also get infected because of my bangs.

Got berated by dad for being careless and refusing to take an MC for tomorrow.

Still haven't gotten back the appetite I lost a few days ago so didn't eat much even though I felt my stomach echoing in its pitiful emptiness.

Started sorting out the data for today that we were supposed to hand in tonight, and then only got an sms from Jo.

Data not urgent, can pass up tomorrow. But already started so might as well finish off now.

Only good thing: will look like total nerd wearing fugly glasses tomorrow so at least no one will try to pick me up. Then again, the Pet Safari job interviewers might hate me for it and I might not get the job.

As if I hadn't had enough bad luck the past few days (like with the fish and fridge and all), today was ten times more tiring. If this bad luck goes on, I might even start suspecting something.

But it's nothing compared to what some people have gone through. I'm shallow for complaining about all this and I hope she gets better soon.


Conclusion, am tired, stressed, infected, and possibly cursed.


I do not want to hear how whiney or bitchy or self-centred or whatever I am. I just need this space to rant and rant and rant some more.

Then I will suck it up and go finish the data entry and wait for my phone call and put my eye ointment and sleep.

Goodnight.

P.S.: Thanks to all my sympathetic friends who just let me complain and still can say 'poor thing' when all I deserve is a 'shut up'.

P.P.S.: Oh NOW there's discharge.

0 commentz: