CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Made to be Bent

More notes to self: Don't listen to music on headphones when riding a bike on the road.

Most people probably know this already and so do I, but yes, rules (even if they concern your life) are made to be bent.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your take on near-death situations, I was reminded of how moronic I was today.

This evening, I was cycling around the neighbourhood. I have no idea why guys seem to be so shocked when they found out girls cycling bicycles too.

Example:-

Jo : Maybe I'll cycle to Summit.
JJ : Huh? Isn't that kinda dangerous by yourself?
Justin : What?! You can ride a bike?

And then Jon joined in the gasping and wowing as well.

What the...

I just realized, our names all 'J'! xD

Okay, digressing.

Anywayz, cycling cycling cycling while listening to my mp4: Damaged by Danity Kane.

And well, as usual, I had it cranked up to "my goal is to be deaf by the age of 20" volume.

Saw one of the twins (Jia Le I think) but she seemed busy. Then turned down another lane.

I didn't hear the car coming my way and thank goodness I saw the shadow and turned around just in the nick of time to check.

Holy crap!

Stupid car (don't ask me to identify the car, I suck at that) didn't even slow down as I swerved to the sidewalk to avoid it and nearly lost control of the bike.

The driver was probably thinking, "Oh shit, why did I move into this neighbourhood? That dolt can't even cycle a bike properly and she looks about the age to start driving car leh! Die lah! Better start packing..."

Speaking of rules being bent (actually this was the main topic of this post but the near accident happened coincidentally), this website totally hit the nail on Malaysian drivers.

http://www.xyzasia.com/malaysian-road-rules/

Need to start studying Bio. Cya.

Makan-ing fruits,

~*JJ*~

0 commentz: