CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Broken Promises, A Thing I Hate

One of the things I really hate is broken promises.

Trust.


I like that I can trust people and when one of your closest friends break that faith, things just go downhill.

Yesterday, when I was lamenting about the fact that I’d be alone again on campfire nite, because honestly, going with Ed and Jo is awkward since I want to leave them alone for some ‘couple’ time but Joanne will feel guilty and try to include me and I know it’s half-hearted.

So if I have some other friend to go with, she’d be at ease. My other group of friends can’t be relied for social outings so I didn’t ask them.

Then Foo told me he’d accompany me. I knew that he might waver so I made me promise me.

Like, “Promise ah? Sure? Don’t run of to your pet sisters again and ffk me.”


And he said, “Yeah lah. I won’t do that 1.”

Maybe I insisted he promise me so much was because I already knew that I couldn’t trust him too much on this. But still I chose to believe him.

Then today, he comes and tells me that he hope I won’t be mad if he’s too preoccupied that night with another friend he’s going with.

“Eh Jia Ying, don’t angry if I don’t choi you that night because I with Po Yee.”

WTF...

I don’t blame his friend. The fact that I might not have a friend to go with me isn’t such a big issue, especially after I found out that Kristin and Pei Qi might be going as well.

It was the fact that he broke the promise that pissed me of so bad. And he didn’t even think he was in the wrong at first.

Heck, I’ve definitely broken a few promises in the whole seventeen years of my life.

But he had a choice and he was very well aware of what he was doing. It wasn’t an accident, it wasn’t just a little white lie or a small slip up.

It was a complete betrayal of trust.

Sure, he said he was joking afterwards, and that he was still going to pei me as well, but the very fact that he even uttered that sentence meant that he actually thought about it and anticipated it.

Yet, he still just broke the promise. Consciously, knowingly and deliberately, he broke it.

Sorry no cure, and even now, I suspect the sincerity in his apology. How am I supposed to know if he’s joking about that too? After all, he loves to joke.

Broken promises just plain suck.

Hurt,

~*JJ*~

1 commentz:

Shin Ying Tan said...

u have every right to be pissed at Foo.

but deep down inside...we will forgive them one lah...coz they are our friends.

still,screw Foo! go have fun without him please:)