CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Library Camp

Sooo, I guess most know that there was a library camp from 4th to 6th of April ’08 at Fraser’s Hill.

Overall, it was a ton of fun, if you ignore a few happenings going on under the surface. But most people enjoyed it, so yay!


Erm, okay. So the first activity was Treasure Hunt. I think there was some foul play but I don’t have any evident, just words whispered into my ear. It was fun, but I forgot which team won. The results were announced at the last night of the trip.

Now comes the all important Team Flag and stuff. There was Forest (Beh KT), Tropheum (Po Yee), Mocha (Xingsan), Rising Star (Pei Qi), SS Ark (Wei Mund) and last but not least, Group 6 (Pravin).



I really though Po Yee’s group’s potatoes were nuggets! Can you blame me?!

And SS Ark's animals are cute! Especially the hamster. But I forgot what represents who already, sorry...

Don't know why I can't get all the photos up.

Next was Team Spy. That game created bad feelings amongst us and even made one of the accused, Po Yee, cry. It taught us something though but I’m too lazy to relate it. I don’t think that was who Kristin meant when she said she’d like to see some people crying from the game since Po Yee was one of her good friends.



But yeesh, to look forward to a game just to see people cry. Evil girl. xP

The stupid barbeque stuff like the stove and skewers were left in the bus which already took off when we realized what was missing. So no BBQ.

DDD:

Better make up for it come year end after SPM.


We took some group photos and SS photos.



Doesn't Foo look cute and innocent in the last one? Come to think of it, he always does in photos.

So deceiving...

So so so, next we had, er... did we have anything at night? Ah, I can’t remember so probably not important. Or maybe it was, but I’m just absent-minded. Nothing new there.

But it WAS the night we were supposed to do BBQ but had to make do with rice and stuff instead. The food was good but compared to a BBQ? Boriiing...

Soeaking of good food, the accommodations SUCKED. Like really bad. The bathrooms were horrible (I can’t even use the stupid I Not Stupid horrible vegetable joke coz it was too darn bad)!!!!!!

I used six exclamation marks! That’s how bad it was!


That ain't my room; it's one of the boys'.

So after the dinner, the teams practiced for the performance they had to put on the next night! Considering the short practice time, the performances were awesome!

Then Kristin, who gets shaky having to stand in front of large crowds unless she’s hollering at them, announce that the faci’s were putting on performances of their own as well! WTH?!

*cekik Kristin*

The next day, we went jungle trekking. I’m proud to say that I still remember at least half the names of the plants Mister Dorai (sp?) taught us. Hey, half is good enough; don’t ask too much from me at one time.

But I was disappointed that the leeches wouldn’t bite me, even when I went as far as to pluck one of Karen’s leg and place it on my palm. Turns out that the skin of the palm is too thick to bite through for them. Bleh...

Karen on the other hand got to bites! Lucky gal. But she didn’t really want the bites so maybe not.


Tree huggers... literally.

I think the tree is telling Jin Yee a joke. And it seems like it's a good one.

After jungle trekking, we went back to the hall and played Win-Win. It seemed like a suckish game but I suppose it was meaningful on its own way, just like most of the games we played. I don’t really get what the Time Ball game was supposed to teach us about ourselves though, because it just brought out the over-competitiveness in some of the teams.



So next was Obstacle and team Mocha won. All Xingsan had to do was cling onto the girls and guide them (rather forcefully I might add) towards the finish line. So fast.


Time Ball was just throwing a ball around. Erm, I think it was team SS Ark that got first. I think.

Then Pn. Wong challenged them to pass the tennis ball to each other (not throw) in one second. Waliau wei! Beh and Po Yee’s team were so at it! And SS Ark too!

Record was 0.54 seconds by the nugget team I think



I keep forgetting the details. Ish...

The Balloon Game was really intense and fun! Even faci also join in!


So next we had the performance, and all were pretty cool. I especially liked Team SS Ark and Team Forest.

“Smell me!!!” *raises arm to expose armpit*

And

“Beh ah...” *twitches fingers*

XDDDDDDDDDD

If Chun Kit ever reads this and gets mad at me for posting this piccy up, just be glad I posted the one where the umbrella was blocking you.

Errr...

SS Ark won, needless to say. Moi...

*giggles maniacally*

Never knew he could be so gay. And it was very natural. Makes me suspect...

Honestly, I was really impressed by his acting skills. It was really good. Their team was very sporting and cooperative so their play was awesome.

Then we had a performance by Simon, me and the star of the camp: KRISTIN YEO.

Hehe. Simon and Jian Shen were funny in their own way and mine, Joanne, Pei Qi and Doon’s Macarena slash Mission Impossible thingy was cacated.

Then Kristin!!! Yosh! Po Yee, Joanne and I accompanied her but she was so yeng! So cooool! xD

But too bad it was in the dark with flaashing lights so I've nothing be balckmail her with, dammit.

So then we just partied and played the night away. Well not really.

Things died down around 1 or 2 p.m. after more balloon popping and ‘karaoke’. Then it was just a few of us left and a couple others fooling around with the iPods.


Some of us stayed up till three, each with separate issues and then most of us went to bed. I only slept at 4 a.m. and couldn’t even manage to wake up early. And I like waking early during vacations so that we don’t have to fight for the bathroom.

Then we went to the play ground. Joanne, Karen, Doon, Po Yee, Beh, Foo, Jin Yee, Shu Lin, Simon, Michelle and Pn. Tan (shockers, I know). Felt like shouting stupid things across the golf course again like we did on the first day but at the same time, but I wasn’t in the mood.

Saw a dead cat on the road. Ask Simon for the picture. He actually snapped it. Poor cat. The intestines and brain and eyeballs and tongue were squashed out. It wasn’t a pretty sight.

After that we went to play like little kiddies and we saw a caterpillar. Relived my childhood, sort of, on the swings again. And Pn. Tan actually played on the springy-type see-saw! So cute!

Then we went home. Aww...

The stupid bus. Instead of stopping at Kota Kubu Bharu (KKB... *snort*), it went on and on and on until Rawang. We were freakin’ starved to death by then. And the worst part was, when we got there to last night’s events, the heat and the general moodiness totally put off my appetite.

Dammit.

But the chicken rice was good. Even if it wasn’t the ‘sio ke’ rice but white skinned. Heh, racist.

Then we headed back and my parents decided that even though I arrived earlier than 2.30 p.m. and my sis’s gymrama class was later than 2.30, it was more important to fetch my sister first. Okay, I’m being harsh here. But only a little.

So Pn. Tan had to wait for me because I was the last girl to get fetched and she was worried. Paiseh wei. Anyway, my sister took so long to get ready that they ended up fetching me first because it was already way past 2.30.

Then in the car, my bratty sister and I had a fight. Like, hitting each other sort of fight. Stupid girl, don’t know how to take care of my bottle then lay your grubby hands off it. At least you can trust me with yours. That’s the difference.

So after that, I went into one of my mood swings again and became all emo-ish. And my stupid sister, instead of taking a perfectly fine full bottle of water, insisted that my mum buy a new bottle for her. Waste of money, but she got her way. As usual.

And this ‘lovely’ welcome home added onto the other things that happened made me really break down in the car. I was trying to cry as quietly as possible and asked if I could go home.

I really just wanted to get home and into my room and have a full-blown bawling session, but guess what my wonderful parents did?

Totally ignore me and brought me to Sungai Buloh to choose plants.

Choose plants. WTF, man. I chose to stay in the car obviously and slept. Really pooped out by then.
When we got home, it was 6 p.m. and I just went right up to unpack, bathe and flop down to sleep. I was really tired but I can’t relax if I haven’t sorted my things out yet.

Around 9.50 a.m. I woke up to blearily eat dinner and then went right back to sleep again.

And I still couldn’t keep awake during class today! Right after teacher finished discussing, I put my head down and slept again. Preman even thought I was sick! Was he really serious? Was I that bad?

Anyway, all in all, this last year of my librarian years was fun and meaningful in its own ways so I am very glad I went. No regrets.

Going back to sleep soon,

~*JJ*~


P.S.: I'll edit this post soon and get more pictures up. Now my mother is staring at me which means I need to get to sleep.

3 commentz:

Shin Ying Tan said...

holly pork chop...(yes,i say/think that),u sure type a lot lol.

i scanned through the both posts......i had a similar incident as ur dead cat....it was a dead mouse.....and i thought it was a leave on pasta sauce????? =.=.......how dense can one get huh.

And siaow cha boh ah,ur so not FAT!!!!If u try to lost any more weight, ur gonna look sick readi lol!Go running or something...not diets lah.

Take your goodgood rest.Hope to catch up with u soon yeah.

Shin Ying Tan said...

wow....note the grammatical errors :P

Shin Ying Tan said...

omfg,,,,there was a leech on ur hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!
owh......i was walking home....minding my own business thinking a mousewith the red intestines spilling out is a leaf =.=.......must've kena gelek lah lol